Location: San Francisco, California
Asking Price: $22,500
- Model Year: 1995
- Odometer: 165,000
- Engine: 5 cylinder
- Transmission: Automatic
- Seller Type: Private Owner
- Name: Kristie A Miles
- Phone: (161) 751-5451
- Email: [email protected]
More Details & Pictures
It’s heartbreaking to have to put this van up for sale, but with the prospect of converting to full-time vanlife—I need a van with more space.
This van is perfect for weekend warriors and for longer-term adventures with a pop-top creating sleeping space for up to 4 while keeping a low profile on the road for better fuel economy. And being able to fit it into any standard parking space and parking garages is a huge plus, especially if you live in a city! The design is optimized for lots of storage space, sleeping space, and large living space!
No expense was spared in maintenance and repairs—all done at only the best mechanics in the Bay Area who specialize in VW buses/vans. It’s very clean and in great condition and I have meticulous records from all previous owners. This van has been very well cared for! All books and records come with the van.
• New tires $799.99 3/19
• New wiper blades 10/19
• New passenger and cabin rubber mats $179.90 2/18 (Go Westy)
• High-efficiency headlight bulbs $25.90 3/19 ((Go Westy, not yet installed)
• Security alarm (not yet installed, but included)
• Aftermarket Bluetooth stereo system/DVD player
• USB ports installed
• New deep cycle cabin battery $200
• Interior window shades (Go Westy)
• Center front console
• Timing belt replaced (2019)
• Cat converter replaced (2019)
• Ball joints replaced (2018)
• Lots of engine/transmission parts replaced (2020)
Previous owner repairs:
– 2010 (80,781 miles) – A/C pump/compressor, serpentine belt, motor mounts replaced
– 2012 (104,807 miles) – brakes and mufflers replaced
– 2016 – Leon Jensen did some work himself – replaced the brakes, front lamp, fans, recharged A/C
Since I bought the van, I had some work done by Stuttgart Motors in Tucson – they specialize in Eurovans. They went completely through the van and said it is in great condition.
They replaced the spark plugs and fixed the sliding door for me. They also found that the last owner had not reinstalled the cooling shroud for the fans, so I had the fans replaced and the shrouds put back on. When I moved the van to our house in Cayucos, I had our local shop there (Morin Bros) work on the smog equipment. As I said, you will see that the van runs and looks great!
• Automatic transmission, FWD
• Mileage: 165K
• Fridge, 2 burner propane stovetop, electric pump sink, lower pull out bed, upper loft bed, driver and passenger swivel seats, rear shower hose, storage closet and cabinets, removable dining/work table
• Pop-top tent (with a few very small holes) creating standing room and letting in amazing light and breeze!
• Removable center row of seats
• 12-gallon freshwater tank
• 8-gallon grey water tank
• 5.9 propane tank
• Center front console
• LED lighting throughout
• Heat and AC in perfect working condition
• Power windows and locks
• Driver side has a minor dent and scratches (see pics)
• I was rear-ended last year with damages only to the back bumper and back hatch door. Both the bumper and door were completely replaced with perfect matches and in better condition than the originals (but the door latch is little finicky)
• There is a leak in the propane valve that needs to be replaced. I am including the cost of replacing the entire tank (not just the valve) in the asking price. Tank with regulator replacement: $519.95 from Go Westy. Other less expensive options also exist.
Last Updated on August 27, 2020 by EurovanAds